Travel and Study Visa

If you are thinking of visiting New Zealand, there are a few important things which you should take into consideration. The most important of these things is the New Zealand Visa or Permit which will be required in each case whether you are planning to study, work or just travel to New Zealand.  

Student Visa in New Zealand

In order to receive the Student Visa or Permit to study in New Zealand, you first need to meet the immigration requirements for international students. Also, it should be noted that the course or the number of courses you are going to apply for should meet the immigration requirements in New Zealand. 

Getting Student Visa in New Zealand:

In order to get a student Visa or Permit, you must have an offer of Place from New Zealand education provider which should include the following:
  • You should mention in the offer letter, the name of the course and the minimum time required for completing it. 
  • There should be a proof provided from the University that the course and its provider meet the international student’s requirements in New Zealand.
  • You need to show the fee receipt for the fee paid for complete course or in case the course is longer than one- year then you must show the annual fee.
  • It should be clearly stated in the offer letter that you are required to pay the fees. 
  • Also, it should be stated that the fee for the course is in dollars and foreign fees. 
  • You should also show that you are applying for a full time (20 hours or more a week) or else a part time course (less than 20 hours a week).
  • The course you wish to study in New Zealand must be approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). 
Visa Courses for longer duration: If you are planning to study in New Zealand for more than three months, then you will surely require a student visa or permit. However, if you are a citizen of New Zealand/ Australia or hold a permanent residence in New Zealand or are an Australian resident having permanent residence visa or else a resident return visa which is current, you don't have to go and get a visa or permit. In order to get a student permit you also need to have an offer of place from the University in which you have enrolled to study in New Zealand. 

Visa for Short-Term Courses: 

If you want to apply for a course less than 3 months long, you will not need to get a student visa in New Zealand. However, you will require a visitor visa. In case, you want to study two or more short-term courses you will need a student visa or permit. You should also meet the health and character requirements and need to prove that you can support yourself financially quite well during your stay in New Zealand. 

New Zealand Visitor/ Travel Visa: 

If you belong to Australia or are from a Visa-free country and your visit is for less than three months (or for six months if you belong to the United Kingdom) then you will need a visitor visa for New Zealand. Some more people are an exempt from the New Zealand’s visitor’s visa such as aircrew, diplomats and cruise ship passengers. The rest of people will be required to apply for a visitor’s visa. 

When applying for a visitor visa in New Zealand, you will be required to show that you have a good character and have a good health. You should get your passport updated and it should be valid for at least three months from the date you are planning to take a leave from New Zealand. You will also be required to prove that you have the ways and means to leave New Zealand. 

For getting a visitor visa, you will be required to prove that you have enough money to support yourself financially during your stay in New Zealand. You can stay to the most for nine months in New Zealand with a visitor visa. In case, you belong to the visa – free country you can stay in New Zealand for three months or can stay for a maximum of six months if you belong to the United Kingdom. 

New Zealand Work Visa: 

If you plan to work in New Zealand either permanently or temporarily, a number of options should be considered. If you are aged between 18 – 30 years, you need to qualify for a working holiday permit, depending on your nationality. On the other hand, certain types of work might not require a work visa such as sales trip etc. You are quite eligible for a temporary work visa, if you already have a job offer from an employer in New Zealand  or are a student or trainee. 
Connect me with the Top Colleges
First Name:
Last Name:
E-Mail ID :
You live in:
Mobile Number:
You want to study in:
Highest Level of Education:
Study Preference:
You want to Study:
Need an education loan?
loading Processing...
  • No Articles to display

Know More »

  • No Press Releases to display

Know More »

Newzealand Select a Country

Our Network :