Post-Graduate Degrees in New Zealand
Pursuing a postgraduate degree in a new land gives you the possibility to have a very different academia experience as compared to an undergraduate degree. It's a chance to broaden your horizons and reap a new prospect, as well as giving you an opportunity to stand out your CV among recruiters.
New Zealand university qualifications are globally recognised and valued by academics and employers worldwide. The education system in the country is based on the UK model, and the qualification given is internationally recognised as equivalent of UK qualification.
Universities in New Zealand are research-led, and commence pioneering work in various fields. They are regarded as the world-leaders in a numerous subjects.
Postgraduate Degrees in New Zealand
Students from all over the globe have benefited from taking up postgraduate degree from New Zealand; as the next step in their learning and professional callings. New Zealand has a name for high quality education held to international standards. New Zealand is universally considered as one of the most picturesque countries in the world, offering numerous activities for students pursuing Master’s from New Zealand.
Student Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Courses in New Zealand
Individual universities in New Zealand set their own admission requirements so these will vary depending on what programme you pick, and of course, the institution itself. In general, some of the basic requirements are:
- Applicants must have full details of their educational course belongings, completed with previous college/university.
- An attested copy of the previous official academic transcripts must be enclosed and handed over to the university.
- A Certified copy of the personal details, a birth certificate, and page of your passport is the most common.
- As per the requirement, proficiency in English is must.
- A bachelor degree is sufficient to get enrolled in a postgraduate program in New Zealand.
Some specific courses may call for extra information, and you should always check with the particular programme. All the documents must be translated in English if someone is from a different country.
For International Students Only:
- Scholarship opportunities are available to them.
- To acquire a job, it must be mentioned in visa.
- All health problems must be checked thoroughly as there should not be any problem.
For Local and National Students:
- Submission of the scores achieved from exams like IELTS, TOEFL. Such tests are valid for a certain period of time.
- Living at own place is more beneficial to have a great exposure.
- All the documents from previous studies must be submitted for further processing.
Students coming from all over the world find some other learning’s which are really beneficial:
- Applicants will have a different approach towards learning.
- They get an opportunity to think out of box and locate their own ways.
- Strengths and new innovative ideas are developed under them.
- Exploring unique culture and picturesque beauty of New Zealand.
- For better proficiency in English, classes are being provided to gain recognised hospitality in your career.
- Proper accommodation facility is available to the students in the university hostels.
- If you are a full-time student, you can also take up a part time job and work for maximum 20 hours in a week during academic years.
- Library facility for students is available to access all the information from books.
Universities are mostly hub of a numerous courses offered to the students. There are a variety of master’s programmes in New Zealand for students to pick from. Some of the popular programmes are in the disciplines of business, management, engineering, economics, finance and education, tourism, among various others. Master’s programmes in New Zealand also offer an option of a full-time or a part-time study.
Basically, to groom knowledge, personality and talent of the students, New Zealand provides studies which make them look forward and develop the inner abilities. Choose any career you want and develop a professional career prospect in it.
Postgraduate Degree Courses in New Zealand
Here are some of the Masters programmes which are available to the students planning to take up a course in a University in New Zealand:
- Master of Global Business
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Business
- Master of Marketing
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Commerce
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Information Management
- Master of Management
- Master of Information Studies
- Master of e-Government Program
- Post Experience Programmes in Public Management
- Master of Entrepreneurship
- Master of Electronic Commerce
- Master of Management Studies
Apart from these master courses, you may also enroll in other programmes depending upon your requirement.